I studied in Almeria. I have a degree and a PhD in Environmental Sciences. I have been a researcher in different centers:
- Hoffman Environmental Research Institute – WKU (Postdoc-MEC)
- University of Alicante (Juan de la Cierva-MINECO)
- National Museum of Natural Sciences-CSIC (JAE-DOC)
- Royal Holloway - University of London (Marie Curie Fellow)
- University of Almeria (Ramón y Cajal-MINECO – Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad)
conducting multidisciplinary research on the various factors influencing the microenvironment of karst cavities and other non-karst hypogeous environments (geology, microclimate, geochemistry and geomicrobiology).
I have worked on numerous projects and research contracts with public institutions aimed at the study of integral conservation of caves and other subway environments that house natural or cultural heritage of interest, for example: Altamira Cave, Castañar de Ibor Cave, Roman Necropolis of Carmona, Ojo Guareña karst system or La Garma Cave.
Since 2020 I am Associate Professor at the University of Almeria, and I teach at the University of Almeria on several subjects related to Earth Sciences in the Degrees Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering and in the Master in Sustainable Use of Natural Resources and Ecosystem Services.
My current research lines are focused on the application of stable isotope geochemistry and microclimatic monitoring for the study of CO2 and CH4 exchange processes between terrestrial ecosystems and the atmosphere, as a key to understand the feedbacks between climate change and the lower layers of the atmosphere, as well as studies on the protection of cultural and natural heritage in the subterranean environment.
RESEARCH GROUP: Water Resources and Environmental Geology (RNM-189)
- Karst (subway environment)
- Isotopic geochemistry
- Carbon dioxide, methane, stable isotopes
PARTICIPATION IN NETWORKS (REGIONAL/NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL)
- PTI-CSIC Open Heritage: Research and Society
- Geoenvironmental Analysis in Hypoxic Environments
- SOIL DARKDIVNET (https://soildarkdivnet.weebly.com/)
PROJECTS TO HIGHLIGHT